Monday, August 9, 2010

Coming Back



My knee injury has caused way more problems than I thought it would. I was so proud of myself for pushing through the work out even though my knee was aching, I guess that was bad. Well, almost two weeks later my knee is worse now that it was on the treadmill. I have tried to take it easy, I have been icing it and just walking but it is getting worse. We went camping this last weekend, which was fantastic, but not good for my healthy eating habits. My friend Charlene is way too good of a cook. So, with a bum knee and an interesting eating weekend behind me it is time to start again. I think I will have to stick with just Yoga instead of running and Yoga, just until I can get my knee figured out. To get my eating back on track, I go back to my essentials, one being my favorite Dr. Oz smoothie. It tastes amazing.

Magical Breakfast Blaster

1/2 large ripe banana
1 scoop Protein Powder
1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil ( I have been using flaxseeds)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon psyllium seed husks
8 ounces of water

* I also add some Salba and ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment