Monday, September 20, 2010

A Sense of Balance??

I remember in an earlier post that I was going to try and balance work and family and health...well, as you have probably noticed, by lack of blogging, I am not doing too well. The school year starts and the chaos ensues. I am back to getting up around 5:30 am so that I can get to work without traffic jams and the possibility of getting school work done before school actually starts at 9:00am. I have a real problem with doing school work at home in the evenings, for me this is family time. Dinner with the family, bath time for Maks, then story time, then bed time and then...I am exhausted. So, a little yoga and I, myself, make my way to bed. Repeat this Monday to Friday and you have my life in a nutshell. I have found recently that I can not even listen to the radio when driving home because it irritates me. I think my mind is so busy during the school day that any kind of noise is just too much by 4:00pm. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to do free Yoga lessons twice a week and I am enjoying the coaching this year but I did have to give up some favorites as well. With our struggle to have another baby, I am trying to reduce stress wherever possible and provide myself with much needed rest as much as possible. This year I had to turn down my dad and family for bowling. Although I enjoy bowling, it is just too late of a day for me and I just didn't want to give up my limited time with Maks. I miss being able to be with him during the day and just feel like I am missing out while he grows up just way too fast. Thankfully, I have an extremely supportive family with a friend network that is beyond anything I could ever ask for.

1 comment:

  1. I had totally forgotten your passion for bowling..."Call the cops! Call the cops! We've...been...robbed!!" I feel your loss for something you were so good at. Sincerely...Jim N.

    ReplyDelete